£700 - £800 per day
about 1 year ago
Digital; Engineer; Developer: Leadership: Java: Spring: Backbase: Remote
One of my clients, a reputable Bank, is looking to hire a Lead Engineer to work on the rollout of a new digital development platform for their Insurance business. This person will be joining a small team to provide technical leadership and direction for the platform, helping the bank to ease their reliance on third party consultants.
The vendor have been brought in to deliver Backbase as their new digital platform, so this will be coming in to take over from them (although you will still have vendor resources available to you).
- The role will be a 50/50 split between hands-on development and technical leadership.
- You will be expected to provide input into how they should take the platform forward, how they can get the best out of it and what they need to do it.
- They also want someone who can help upskill the existing team - they are lacking in digital developers so a leader in this space is essential.
- They have their first iteration in production and by the end of November they will have another delivery based on a number of customer journeys.
From a technical engineering standpoint, you must have a proven track record in developing using the following:
- NodeJS (advantageous)
- Backbase (hugely advantageous but not essential)
The client is happy for this role to be fully remote as they are more interested in finding the right technical leader as opposed to them needing to be in the office. They also have locations dotted around the UK so they can accommodate people if they want to be in an office environment. Previous experience working in financial services is not required for this role.
Please note this is a PAYE contract via an Umbrella company.