Our client, a leading Bank, is looking to hire a highly experienced, Lead Java Developer with front end development skills. This will be to work in the Reference Data area which plays a crucial role and supports a number of other teams and functionalities within the bank. The work will involve building new components, developing features and adding new functionalities across various systems.
The ideal candidate will have strong Core Java, microservice-based systems experience, with good knowledge of ReactJS and skills with distributed caching tools. They will also be confident in leading a team, acting as a technical SME, whilst still being hands-on.
Candidates will need:
- Expert Java Development skills and proven Leadership abilities
- Good front end skills preferably using ReactJs
- Strong Microservices experience using Spring Boot
- Good knowledge of Spring Frameworks including Spring Cloud
- Good experience with distributed caching solutions (HazelCast, Coherence, Ignite or Infinispan)
- Preferably MS SQL and large relational database experience
- Experience of API design - REST and architecture patterns
- Messaging technologies - MQ, Kafka etc.
- Strong Agile development background and experience with TDD/BDD concepts and testing skills
This is a fantastic opportunity to play a key part in a long term programme of work at a leading Bank.
Please note this role is a PAYE contract via an Umbrella Company