£450 - £500 per day
about 1 year ago
MI Analyst; Business Objects; SQL Server; SSRS; Data Analysis; Financial Services
One of my clients, a reputable financial services company, is looking to hire a seasoned MI Analyst to join one of its business intelligence teams based out of their Gloucester offices on an initial 12-month contract. The team focus on producing MI for the mortgages part of the business so any experience in the producing MI for the mortgage space would be advantageous, but not essential.
The main task for this hire will be to help in a big programme of work focussed on migrating and converting MI reports from one data warehouse (where reports are all SQL Server based) to another (that are all built in Business Objects).
Therefore, it will be your job to:
- Lift reports off sql server reporting manager and rebuild them in business objects.
- Convert MI reports from SQL Server to business objects.
- Replicate legacy balancing figures in business objects.
- Ensure mortgage business has all the MI it needs to support decision making and any kind of reporting obligations they have externally.
As this is a specific migration project, you will therefore need to have the following skill set to be considered:
- Strong understanding of Business Intelligence software (SQL, Business Objects, SSRS).
- Proven track record in a migration project where you have rebuilt reports in Business Objects.
- Ideally some previous experience working in financial services in a team that builds reports for financial products.
- Good skills in interpreting and querying numerical and statistical data.
The role will require this person to be in their Gloucester offices for a few days a week in the early stages of the contract. Once they are up to speed, there will be opportunities to work most of the time remotely.
Please note this role is a PAYE contract via an Umbrella Company.