£50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + + bonus + benefits
about 4 years ago
Operational Risk Analyst - Corporate Banking, London
Our client, a global bank, is looking for an Operational Risk Analyst to work within their Corporate banking division in order to solidify the Control framework in a 1st line of defence function. You will be responsible for monitoring and controls testing of processes and procedures in accordance with the risk and control management framework, identifying, documenting and maintaining the risk register and reporting on risks raised. The successful candidate will ensure that appropriate risk mitigation measures and risk indicators are adhered to, performing periodic risk assessment on business processes and producing key risk indicator reporting across all departments.
The department provides Corporate clients with solutions across a range of capital raising, trade finance and risk management products and services and the team provide Line one operational risk across multiple regions, and monitor regulation to understand how it impacts the businesses. The successful candidate will support all the teams in the branch to ensure the highest standards of customer experience and embed Line One operational risk controls, building an identifiable risk management culture across the London business. The role will involve interaction across all business areas and collaboration with risk management teams.
Requirements for the role:
- Demonstrable experience in an Operational Risk role, ideally gained within a Corporate or Commercial banking environment
- Able to undertake gap analysis between current Risks and Controls and the defined standards and be able to communicate the results clearly and effectively.
- Strong knowledge of Operational Risk frameworks and controls testing
- Be able to clearly articulate the roles of the business within the delivery of policy, controls, risk mitigation and remediation.
- Have the ability to analyse and understand complex problems and formulate practical solutions.
- Able to analyse trends, identify critical threats and opportunities, diagnose problems and issues and then recommend appropriate actions dealing with the underlying root causes.
- Strong stakeholder management skills, including an ability to clarify and work with resistance.
- Knowledge of Regulatory Requirements and Internal Controls/Policies.