£500 - £600 per day
3 months ago
One of my clients, a reputable Investment Bank, is looking to hire a Platform Data Manager to play a key role in their front office Investment Management function. The role requires someone with very strong data modelling experience as well as a background in the Investment/Asset Management space.
The business area
As aforementioned, although the team sit in the front offcie Investment Banking arm, they operate as an Investment Management function within the Bank. Their main aim is to provide a fund wrapping vehicle for investment strategies across different trading desks. They facilitate funds driven by investment decisions by third party investment managers, providing the platform and implementing it based on these third-party fund managers' decisions.
The position has two elements to it.
- To help design a universal system for holding and maintaining information for their funds. Currently, this information is split across different areas of the business so there is a gap where the client can build a new system that holds everything together. You will gather requirements, determine the right source of data and design the data model to hold that information. However, you won't be involved in the actual build of the system.
- The other part of the role will see you manage the existing sets of data the client has whilst this new system is being designed. So, you will be producing monthly fact sheets for funds, making data available for other interested parties, maintaining various regulatory documents that need to be published etc.
All pieces of data and documentation will flow from the new system but until this is built, you will need to maintain the flow of this data and its integrity. Ultimately, with the new system being implemented, this will make the second part to the job obsolete (where this will all be automated).
What you need
They would like someone with a background in the following:
- Investment Management background/experience.
- Proven track record in data management.
- Strong data modelling experience (schemas/knows it systems flow etc).
- Good Business Analysis skills (gathering requirements, documenting etc).
- Any experience with data visualisation platforms (Tableau) would be beneficial.
The client requires this person to be in the office full-time, 5 days a week. They are based in Canary Wharf.
Please note that this is a PAYE contract not going through an umbrella.