City of London, London
£600 - £650 per day
almost 5 years ago
Programme Assurance Manager - Audit/Controls Assurance, Banking Transformation
My client, a global bank, are looking for an Assurance Manager to join a major transformation programme aimed at bank wide cost reduction and operational efficiencies. The role will provide assurance and challenge over a range of areas across the programme including plans, outputs, governance, processes and IT delivery. You will be looking at plans, challenging the numbers and financials to ensure that these are correct and achievable, whilst also ensuring benefits are delivered. The role will involve assessment of costs and resource base as well as overall efficiency of projects, ensuring that there is the correct governance in place to comply with internal frameworks, process and procedures and that new controls are operating in the correct manner.
Successfully candidates will ideally come from an Audit background before moving into a Projects or Programme Assurance role more recently, however, candidates from either of these areas will be considered. This is an excellent opportunity to join a long term programme of work and this person will have the opportunity to come in and set up controls frameworks across a large, complex portfolio on a global basis.
- In depth Audit/Project Assurance experience gained within large complex programmes, ideally with global coverage
- Proven track record of risk & controls assurance within Banking/Financial Services, with a Big 4 Consultancy background strongly preferred
- Able to product accurate and high quality communications and MI/Reporting for senior stakeholders
- Capable of working in an ambiguous environment and manage conflicting priorities effectively to challenging deadlines.
- Background in project or other relevant assurance role with the ability to challenge and articulate results to a senior audience.