£450 - £550 per day
over 3 years ago
ASAP - 4 Weeks
Python / Big Data Developer - Trade Surveillance - Investment Banking - London
Our client; a leading Bank is looking to hire an experienced Python Developer to join a long term greenfield Front Office compliance programme.
The role will involve working on a large scale, cross asset trade surveillance project; working across multiple asset classes to build software to assist in the prevention of regulatory and compliance breaches. This will include working with both Business Analysts and end users to scope what the solution needs to provide followed by a proof of concept and wider integration with a in-house built centralised Data Lake that will be used by various divisions across the bank (Private Banking, Commercial, Markets).
Candidates will need:
- Expert development skills in Python
- Any experience with Java is beneficial but not essential
- Strong OO, multi-threading, concurrency, garbage collection, data structures
- Ideally have experience with Big Data Technologies including Hadoop ecosystem / Spark / Cassandra / Kafka
- Ability to work with cross functional teams (Business Analysts, QA and vendors)
- Strong communication skills and ability to mentor other team members002E
- Any previous experience working with Front Office stakeholders would be beneficial. Financial Services experience is a expected
This is a fantastic opportunity to play a key role in the development of a large scale greenfield development project.