£550 - £650 per annum
about 2 years ago
Our Financial Services client are looking to hire an experienced Scala/Big Data Engineer onto a project within its Insurance area.
The role will involve the design and build of a new Data Lake in Scala, Spark, Hadoop and Python to produce reporting data to meet regulatory standards.
Candidates will need:
- Strong commercial Scala development experience
- Strong commercial experience working on Spark and the Hadoop ecosystem (HDFS, Apache Hive, Apache HBase, Apache Oozie, etc)
- Expert level software engineering background
- Strong background working on complex distributed systems
- Demonstrable experience working on and delivering large scale development projects
- Any commercial experience in Kafka, and Maven would be highly beneficial.
This is a fantastic opportunity to play a key role in the development of a large scale development project
(This contract is via an Umbrella)