City of London, London
£500 - £600 per day
about 2 years ago
Scala Developer (Microservices, Spark, Akka) - London
Our client, a tier one bank, is looking to hire an experienced Scala Developer to build out new architecture and move existing systems onto a Scala Microservices infrastructure.
You will part of a strong agile team working on new projects unifying the existing platform into one single platform whilst also building out streaming and microservices architecture. You will have a solid understanding of low latency high bandwidth applications and be excited about working on greenfield projects where there is the opportunity to have input into design.
Candidates will need:
- Strong commercial Scala development experience
- A background in server-side core Java development
- Knowledge of performance levels on the JVM
- An understanding of low latency - high bandwidth applications would be advantageous
- Any commercial experience in Spark, Akka, Kafka would be highly beneficial.
- Candidates with a strong technical background outside of financial services will also be considered