£75000 - £85000 per annum + + big bonus potential + benefits
almost 1 year ago
Site Reliability; Engineer; DevOps; Agile; System Administration; Kubernetes; Ansible; AWS; Linux
My client, a fast-growing Fintech within a lucrative market, is looking to hire a Site Reliability Engineer to join its tech team in their Central London offices. This will be a hands-on and mostly autonomous role which will see the right person own the upkeep of the company's tech landscape with the aim of enabling the team to deliver and operate safe, secure and reliable software at pace.
The system is mostly entirely Cloud Native based so this person will be:
- Operating and managing clusters as well as capturing metrics across a distributed system.
- Influencing the design of the system from a tooling perspective
- Taking ownership of the overall health of the company's systems.
- Creating robust pipelines for infrastructure, data, APIs, applications and integrations.
- Working with things like Terraform/Kubernetes/Ansible/AWS/Kafka as well as several other cloud native tools.
- Act as the 'guardian' of the system - ensuring everything is up and healthy in a fast-paced, Continuous Delivery environment.
As this is a highly technical role, you will need to have experience in the following:
- Have worked in a DevOps/Sys Admin role at another company where you have been responsible for the upkeep of a number of cloud-based systems.
- Experience working with working in a Continuous Delivery environment
- Tech skills across the likes of; Kubernetes, Ansible, AWS and Big Data tech like Apache Spark.
- A variety of skills working with deployment packaging and runtime environments (Containers, Serverless, Cluster Computing).
- Knowledge of Linux Environments (Ubuntu), networking and security
- A genuine interest in owning this role - someone really excited by the role of DevOps and using up-to-date technology to maintain system wellbeing.
This is a fantastic role for someone in the DevOps space who is passionate about technology and wants to move into an exciting company with fantastic bonus potential and the chance to influence tooling and system design from an Engineering/DevOps perspective. You will be the main Site Reliability Engineer across the organisation and play an influential role in managing the upkeep of their architectural and operational practices.