£850 - £950 per day
Solution Architect - Big Data - Cloud Technology - Machine Learning - Tech Models - Data Modelling
One of our clients, a reputable Bank, is looking to hire an experienced technical Solution Architect to play a pivotal role on some key programmes in their Treasury space. The projects are at an early stage when it comes to the architectural decisions needed to ensure technical project teams are given the direction needed to build robust technology solutions on time and on budget.
It is therefore a fantastic time to join, and a great chance for an experienced Solution Architect to work on a high-profile, fully backed programme. The Bank uses a varied tech stack which differs from project-to-project, but there will be plenty of Cloud tech-focussed initiatives and the chance to use cutting-edge Big Data tools.
The projects are at different levels in their lifecycles, so you will ideally be comfortable working with business stakeholders in an environment that isn't necessarily defined from a technical requirements perspective.
You will be:
- Making a key contribution putting together a target state architecture for some key technology programmes of work which have major backing from the business.
- Use your experience to assess the current state of various tech landscapes to design and articulate solutions that will enhance capabilities and benefit their IT delivery capability.
- Come up with tangible solutions in an enterprise-level environment to technology problems before justifying those solutions to the business.
- Work with different areas of the Bank, whether that be on internal system architecture or cloud technology implementations/integrations.
- Working with Big Data technology to provide detailed technical solutions around getting client data into an internal platform.
As the Bank works with lots of cutting-edge technologies, a varied tech background would be useful. But more importantly, they require this person to be able to design sound, robust solutions for technical problems.
Some key requirements needed for this role though are as follows:
- Previous experience working in a regulated, enterprise-level environment as a Solution Architect.
- This is a data intensive area, so you will need to have worked on projects that require good data modelling and an understanding of big data technologies as well as machine learning./data science.
- Cloud technology knowledge - for example, some understanding of cloud vs on-prem architectural ideas.
- Lots of experience designing technical solutions for complex, technology focussed programmes in another financial services company.
- A proven track record in working closely with business stakeholders, understanding requirements and playing a key role in aligning a future state architecture for some high-profile projects.
- Good experience challenging stakeholders, pushing back and clearly articulating the benefits of your ideas/solutions.
The Bank operate a hybrid working model - you will need to be able to travel into London when needed for meetings.
This role is a PAYE contract going through an Umbrella company. Please note that the rate quoted is the Umbrella rate.