£70000 - £100000 per annum
almost 2 years ago
Solutions Architect; Solutions Engineer; Java; C#; C++; Agile; Engineer; FinTech
What is the opportunity?
One of my clients, a successful FinTech with offices in London, New York and Singapore, is looking to hire a client-facing Senior Technical Solutions Engineer/Architect to join an expanding, key area of the business. This person will be working growing book of clients, working onsite with them to drive the architecture and build tailored functionality/applications on top of their flagship platform. You will be part of a team who, instead of building the platform itself, are tasked with working with specific clients who require additional functionality on top of the core product. There is no sales element to this role - this is a purely technical solutions engineering/architect role which will require hands-on coding when needed. You will however get to have a say in the project work you pick up - i.e. if you would rather be less involved with the hands-on coding element then they will assign you clients that require more of an architectural-driven approach.
Who are they?
The company are a pioneer within their field who have built a platform for a unique and highly engaged area of financial services. The platform is now being rolled out to/in use at over 350 clients globally - these include big Investments Banks as well as smaller tech providers. They have beautiful offices in the City of London as well as a presence in the USA and Singapore (there is also the possibility of working in these offices too). They have grown significantly over the last two years and are now considered the major force within their area of expertise. The encourage a start-up culture and have an extremely high bar when it comes to hiring technologists.
What will you need?
- You need to be a strong Engineer at heart with an interest in driving architecture and utilising an impressive programming background that is accentuated by a proven track record of delivering quality software.
- You will also need to be highly client-facing and enjoy that aspect to the role.
- Longevity in the CV is important - they want to see good stints where you have seen the delivery of software solutions through from inception to implementation.
- Ideally an enterprise Java background but in essence you can come from any technical background (Java, C#, C++) because they will cross-train you in the language that this platform is built in.
What they can offer you?
- A highly competitive basic salary + benefits and a discretionary bonus.
- The chance to work for a unique organisation in a client-facing role on pioneering technology.
- Travel (if you are interested).