SQL Server DBA/Engineer
£90000 - £100000 per annum
over 1 year ago
SQL Server: Engineer: DBA: Powershell: Python; DevOps: Jenkins
One of my financial services clients is looking for a SQL Server DBA/Engineer to join a small team that are responsible for all the management, engineering and BAU across their SQL Server estate.
This role is not just a pure BAU database administrator role. It does contain this as part of the role, however it is more focussed around engineering project work and working on initiatives that helps benefit the business. You must, however, be comfortable picking up BAU-type work (for example, being on call when you are working on this).
There is a huge appetite across this team to innovate and automate, using exciting technologies as well as broader DevOps aligned methods of automation. The team do a lot of Continuous Integration work with the developers and use Jenkins to build pipelines and innovate.
To be right for this role, you must have a good grasp of the following:
- Strong SQL Server database administration and engineering experience.
- Ideally some good exposure to Powershell.
- A proven track record of innovation in previous roles and experience working with pioneering devops tools that has seen you automate builds and repetitive tasks.
- Strong performance tuning experience and knowledge around a database engine.
- Ideally, some Python experience (scripting)
This is a fantastic role to join a team that work on exciting projects and who are open to new ideas on how to accelerate potential within an infrastructure team. You will be expected to work two days a week in the office, and three from home. The hours (if not on-call) are generally 9-5.30pm.