£65000 - £75000 per annum + excellent benefits
almost 4 years ago
Systems Engineer; Infrastructure Engineer; Linux; NetApp; VMWare; WAN
Our client, a highly successful data analytics company, is looking to hire a Systems Engineer to play a key role in several high profile and exciting project initiatives across their central IT space.
This is a broad role where you will be expected to spend approx. 80% of your time on projects and 20% on BAU support work. Other responsibilities include:
- Developing and delivering the platform roadmap.
- Designing and supporting the platform.
- Continually improve the availability and performance of the platform.
- Investigating abnormal system behaviour
The company itself is a unique and exciting place to work. One of the projects they are embarking on is to shift from its existing windows estate on to a pure Linux platform. Therefore, they want someone with a Linux background who can help them do this. Other requirements for the role include:
- Experience in a technical stack that includes: NetApp, VMWare, WAN, Windows & Linux
- Someone with a proven track record of working on complex and high-profile infrastructure projects.
- End-to-end troubleshooting experience
In return the company offers a strong package with fantastic on-site benefits including a private gym, games room, free breakfast, lunch & dinner as well as a competitive benefits scheme. It's a truly unique company where staff retention is high and is fast becoming a haven for technologists.