£65000.00 - £75000.00 per annum
over 5 years ago
Technical Business Analyst / Data Analyst (Risk/Treasury) Investment Banking, London
My client, a leading Investment Bank, is looking for a Technical Business/Data Analyst to join their Balance Sheet Risk IT team covering Balance Sheet Management, Interest Rate Risk, ALM (Asset Liability Management), Treasury, Liquidity and Non Traded Market Risk.
The role will be working in a specialised team that supports the Balance Sheet Risk as well as delivering project and strategic initiatives across multiple locations. Successful candidates will need to have strong business acumen and technical skills, with the ability to work in a fast paced environment. Work will involve close interaction with Analysts\Developers to solicit information and data, analysing and reporting on data quality for specific data sets and gathering / analysing business and data requirements, including data standards. You will be an integral part of the entire end to end project lifecycle from identification, specification, working with the developers, testing and final delivery of a workable solution into the live environment.
Key Experience Required:
- Strong knowledge of Business Analysis and Data Analysis
- Proven track record within the financial services industry (ideally with some exposure to Balance Sheet Management, ALM, Treasury or Non Traded Market Risk)
- Technical understanding of databases, file formats and file transfer processes.
- Understand application database structure and build Adhoc SQL queries
- Working knowledge of data constructs and principles of database design. Must be able to interpret an Entity Relationship diagram.
- Strong exposure to project methodologies (Agile/Waterfall)
- Strong SDLC experience
- Ability to work on a combination of business focused as well as IT focused projects
- Document Business Requirements, Technical Specifications and Implementation Plans
- Gap Analysis, Test Script, Unit Testing, Regression Testing, System Integration Testing
This is an excellent opportunity for candidates to contribute to design and solution activities whilst quickly gaining an understanding of the business issues and data challenges within Balance Sheet Risk.