£550 - £650 per day
7 months ago
Infrastructure: Architect: Technical: Linux: Banking: Agile: Jira
One of my clients, a reputable Bank, is looking to hire a Technical Architect within the Infrastructure space to play a key role on a long-term project focussed on supporting several strategic transformational initiatives.
You will come into a growing area of the Bank and be aligned with a project team where your main aims will be:
- To provide high level technical systems integration expertise by transforming loose business requirements into tangible, infrastructure specific solutions and designs.
- Spearheading all aspects of any infrastructure change within your project team and leading third party resources on the delivery of your design into the production environment.
- Working with other areas of the organisation to produce cost estimations for any infrastructure change that occurs whilst also providing estimates around additional external resources and tooling with regards to any design/projects you are working on within your team.
- Become embedded in your project team so you can aid in the integration of new technologies and champion an Agile way of working.
To be right for this role, you will need the following:
- A background in technical architecture on complex infrastructure projects within the banking/financial services industry.
- Have come from an infrastructure engineering background and transitioned into more of a design-led role, meaning you have a proven track record in translating requirements into a solution.
- A wealth of exposure to different infrastructure technologies across server, storage and networks.
- A strong linux background is essential for this role.
- Ideally, a Project Management qualification, although this isn't essential.
- Any experience on a cloud migration would be extremely advantageous.
This is an initial 6-month contract which can be mostly remote, although the client might require some time in an office local to you (they have offices located around the UK). It is a long-term project with plenty of scope for renewal after the 6-months.
Please note that this is a PAYE contract going through an Umbrella.