£80000 - £100000 per annum
2 months ago
One of my clients, a reputable name in the financial services space, is looking to hire a Technical Security Analyst to play a key role in their wider Information Security space. You will join a small team in a hugely diverse role, so they want someone who has come from a similar smaller environment within financial services who has worked on different types of projects.
The role will mostly focus on 2nd line of defence activities - the first line of defence is moving towards being mostly outsourced so this is much more of a strategic role focussing on what value can be added and what recommendations can be made to achieve that added value for the protection of the business, all in a regulated environment.
They want someone who has worked on different types of projects as you will be:
- Expected to be a trusted overseer of BAU activities, making recommendations on how to better process on the back of a proven track record of working on diverse information security projects.
- Understanding change request processes, doing risk assessments on the fly and making recommendations appropriately.
- Playing a key role in various projects that focus on areas such as:
- Access Management
- IT Controls.
- Risk Frameworks/Controls
The environment is relatively small right now, but as the company is growing significantly, they expect a lot of these projects to become enterprise-level so a background in working on projects of that scale would be helpful.
To be right for this role, you must have a background in the following:
- Strong background in information security across financial services, ideally at an advisory level.
- Strong technology background working with various infrastructure tech.
- Ability to understand and prepare highly complex documentation.
- Previous experience working on projects in the following areas:
- Risk Management
- Vulnerability Management
- Cloud technology
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Technical Security professional to work in a collaborative environment not bound by significant red tape and bureaucracy where your recommendations and ideas will be implemented and actioned.
The company are currently operating a hybrid way of working. You will be expected to come into their London offices 3 days a week. They also have a strong bonus culture.