Sheffield, South Yorkshire
£500 - £600 per day
about 5 years ago
6-12 Months +
Technical Specialist - UNIX/Oracle/Big Data - Banking
My client a Global Bank is looking for an experienced Technical Specialist with a strong Unix background to work on a global project within its Financial Crime and Compliance business.
The role has come about due to an imminent project delivery and will involve the technical on-boarding of new users onto the Big Data FCC platform as well as delivering technical solutions as part of a large scale programme.
The role is highly technical and will require candidates with a strong Unix / Linux background and technical expertise in a range of disciplines (Oracle, DB2, Teradata or SAS (admin and permissioning). Candidates will be required to navigate around a Big Data environment so any exposure to Big Data tools is a benefit but not entirely essential.
Candidates must have:
- Strong hands on technical skills within a Unix / Linux environment
- Strong technical background of one or more of the following: Oracle, DB2, Teradata or SAS
- Strong understanding of a varied technical environment and how to give access to systems, user access controls, whilst navigating around the Big Data environment.
- Data models (relational and non-relational)
- Working with large data sets from multiple sources and environments
- Proactive with the ability to drive forward quality delivery
- Exposure to Big Data tools such as HDP, SQOOP, Pig, Hive are beneficial but not essential